Setting up your first startup!
A startup is seldom a solo streak. Successful startups need teams, time commitment, and traction. This talk is aimed at clearing out some of the mist surrounding startup creation and getting some concrete tips from Naimul Abd:
- how to go about setting your first startup
- balancing profit and purpose
- what company format works best in what situations
- what’s important in forming a startup team
- creating a business model that works
- how to approach collaborators and investors
- how to succeed as a foreign entrepreneur
About the speaker:
Naimul Abd is a business adviser at Coompanion Stockholm and advises more than 500 entrepreneurs every year on starting up impact ventures, social innovation focused startups, for- and non-profit associations, and cooperatives. Over the last year he has set up a startup support ecosystem around Coompanion Stockholm and has organized several events ranging from innovation protection to financing, MVP development, PR, and marketing for startups. He has run an EU funded project / mini-incubator in Kronoberg, Sweden to improve entrepreneurship ecosystem for foreign entrepreneurs. Naimul is also an impact entrepreneur and has worked for more than 15 years in advising multinational companies on consumer insights, innovation, and strategic marketing.